Saturday, July 21, 2007

"I've Been Tagged"

"Why do I Love Jesus"

I was tagged a short while back and I think it was Rosemarie. The question is "Why do I Love Jesus.? I had to think about that one for a while, simply because there million reasons to love Jesus and it was hard to put them into the right words. Actually, I was introduced to Jesus at a very young age, in the form of God Himself while sitting on the lap of my dad. Immediately I became impressed while receiving knowledge of Him. I don't know exactly when I was introduced to God the Son, but I feel as though he's been with me all my life.

Sure I find myself questioning things I don't understand every now and then, but it is apparent to me that we don't question God. I love Jesus because He is always here for me. He has and is still doing a great deal for me, my family and many people around me. The testimonies I hear from others are amazing, as though they are unreal, but not.

It is quite hard to imagine the pain and suffering He went through for us. I mean just think, He paid it all, and we are still putting him through misery because we refuse to obey Him and get into His word. I cannot bring myself to watch crucifixion movies; at least the part where he was crucified because it's hard for me to watch anyone suffer and to imagine the extend of His suffering. I'm very sorry that our salvation had to be bought that way, but on the same level, I don't take what he did lightly and am very gratful for his sacrifice. Love is a very strong word, plus the feelings that comes with it. "Why do I love Jesus?" He follows me around in my heart, and through the Holy Spirit, He keeps me in line (that is, if I listen to Him). Every time I do something wrong or think to do something wrong, the Spirit of God let's me know it. When I pray, the Lord hears my prayers because Jesus intercedes for me and that tells me Jesus loves me and He is in my corner. I am blessed to have Him in my life because I know He will lead me to salvatiion and oh, I can't imagine what it will be like in Heaven and then we will be able to see him; talk to him, hug him and much more. Therefore, I say "Why do I love Jesus?" Because He first loved me, and He proved it.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Momma Bear"
I love Jesus because he first loved me and proved it to me too. But I have a million reasons too why I love him. I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing.

Believer said...

"He follows me around in my heart, and through the Holy Spirit, He keeps me in line (that is, if I listen to Him)."

Amen! I'm so grateful for the subtle nudging into righteousness.

Blessings and thanks for sharing your heart.