Thursday, February 28, 2008

I KNEW THEY WEREN'T READY!

In my opinion Barack Obama was not expected to do this well in the run for President. He's getting too close, and just like I feel this country is not ready for a woman president, they are NOT ready for a black one. For a short time, I wondered how his campaign would be sabotaged and I'm not surprised that the Muslim card is being played. Let's see how far this will go. No matter what, it seems as though his campaign will either be slowed down and/or maybe even shut down. Even though we have come a long way as far as racism is concerned, with people like Colin Powell, Condolessa Rice, Clarence Thomas, and many other black dignitaries being in the high positions they hold, we still have a ways to go, plus perhaps, we may not find the light at the end of this tunnel in (I'll say) my life time any how. This is not an attempt to put down our country, this is just my opinion and I am merely exercising my right to freedom of speech.

There are many reasons I admire Senator Obama and I believe he would make a great President. My prayer is that God's will be done in this whole situation and the right/best person for the job will end up in office.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Actually we'll have to lean on God for this one as we vote our choice. It's hard to believe that Obama could really win this. I hear too many people saying the opposite. People are sounding if they are going to vote old man McClain in who has already said if we have too, we 'll stay in Iraq 100 years...